Glucosamine, an amino sugar, occurs naturally in quite high concentrations in joint connective tissues, such as cartilage, ligaments and tendons, and in synovial fluid (the watery fluid between joints, which bathes and lubricates joints). Glucosamine supplements helps provide the building blocks to form new joint connective tissues and synovial fluid, to help maintain healthy, flexible, mobile joints. Glucosamine is also important for healthy bones, skin, eyes, blood vessels, nails and heart valves.
This superior form of Glucosamine contains 83% pure Glucosamine and no salt, and has more Glucosamine per gram than Glucosamine sulphate, which contains 59% pure Glucosamine and often up to 30% salt (such as potassium chloride 2KCl or sodium chloride 2NaCl).
- Glucosamine is renowned for its ability to maintain healthy and flexible joints and muscles
- Naturally helps build cartilage and maintains comfortable movement
- More glucosamine per gram than Glucosamine Sulphate
- Contains 83% pure Glucosamine and no salt
- Helps provide the building blocks to form new joint connective tissue
- Not suitable for crustacean allergy sufferers
- Not advisable if taking warfarin
Suggested intake: Take 1-3 tablets a day, with meals, for 1 month, then 1 tablet a day.
One tablet typically provides: 332mg Glucosamine (from 400mg Glucosamine hydrochloride), 120mg Calcium.
Glucosamine HCl (from crustacea), natural Lithothamnion calcarea, bulking agent: microcrystalline cellulose; coating: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, glycerine; anti-caking agent: magnesium stearate*.
Does not contain: Sugar, salt, starch, soya, wheat, gluten, maize/corn, yeast, lactose, dairy products, artificial preservatives, colours or flavourings.